With all the hustle and bustle recently I haven’t stayed on top of what’s going on around me. I know I’m a few days late, but there are some exciting challenges going on over a Splitcoaststampers. It’s Dare to Get Dirty 2008! Dirty Dozen Designers, both past and present, have some exciting challenges planned this week for all the Fan Club Members. You can find more deets here!
This is the card I made for Lauren’s challenge.
I started with Neenah Classic Crest Solar White paper and misted different colors of Shimmer Mist containing Gold Perfect Pearls on the paper. The cornucopia and sentiment were stamped in Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then embossed with Queen’s Gold Embossing Powder. The image panel was then cut out with Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities and layered on one cut with the scalloped edge.
- Stamps: Give Thanks from Our Daily Bread Designs
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Prism Bronze and Bronze Ore Metallic Paper
- Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold and Embossing Distress
- Accessories: Ranger Mini Mister, Gold Perfect Pearls, and Queen’s Gold Embossing Power; Tsukineko Sponge Dauber; Ribbon
My second card today is for Jenn’s challenge.
I used the emboss resist technique in making the background for this card. The flourishes were stamped in Snow Cap pigment ink and then embossed with UTEE. After the images where dry, I used an ink blending tool and worked Black Soot Distress Ink over the paper. Once I had the desired black, I wiped the excess ink from the embossed images. Oh I should say that this is the new Tim Holtz set that we received during our Ranger class at CHA!
- Stamps: Tim Holtz Nature’s Discovery from Stampers Anonymous
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and SU Basic Black
- Ink: Ranger Snow Cap Pigment, Archival Jet Black and Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress
- Accessories: Ranger Clear UTEE and Ink Blending Tool; Ribbon; Mounting Tape
I guess that’s it for me today. I’m still somewhat tired from the trip and I so feel a nap coming on!