I must say, that this was the most difficult card I have ever made.  Not difficult in the layout, etc., but difficult in pulling it all together.  I tried a number of times yesterday to make my card for the Rubbernecker WACKY WEDNESDAY Challenge.  The idea, a different fold than a normal card, was not the problem.  However, it just wasn’t working for me.  Finally around 5:00 I had a brainstorm (oh my yes, it hurt) on what I could do!  I headed down to the studio (knowing I only had about an hour to work before I had to leave for a meeting).  The layout came easy, the papers came easy, the whole idea came together . . . and then . . . . the image.  I couldn’t find an image that worked for it. Smiley from millan.net

After my meeting, I was in the studio still Smiley from millan.net . . . I had an idea that worked.  Somewhere last week, I saw on someone’s blog who used a large prima flower and cut it off at the edge of the card.  I’m sorry, but I don’t remember now who made this card.  If it was you or you know who, please let me know!

I had a large prima, I tried it, it wouldn’t stay on the card.  I began my search again for something else.  I finally remembered that I had a tin of other primas (from the DD Days) and picked one for the card.  It’s not the color I would like, but it does match the paper.  Oh, and then I didn’t have the right ribbon.  Geesh, I could have pitched the whole card and I might yet, but I did get it finished.

WW#2

So, the ribbon ties the card together so it won’t fall open.  The fold is on the top of the card with more of a card front behind it.  When opened:

ww2 INSIDE

Hmmm, I never made Kate a card for her birthday . . . a little late, but . . .

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you join us for Kittie’s challenge!

Smiley from millan.net

© 2015 Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha
Cookie Policy

Blog hosted by Splitcoaststampers Privacy Policy Cookie Policy