How is everyone today?  I’m glad my weekend has been quiet and relaxing.  Yesterday I was able to get out in the yard and finish my path through the flower bed.  The whole time I was working, the creative juices were flowing.  I’ve really let this flower bed go over the last few years and had forgotten how good I felt when working outside.

When I received the new Spellbinders Dahlia Nestabilities, the first thing I thought of was trying to make flowers with the Grunge Paper.  I had seen so many posts by Wendy Vecchi (Studio 490) with flowers made with Grunge Paper, and I couldn’t wait to try.  I finally got some Grunge Paper last week and last night went to work.  I chose not to make a card, but a wall hanging instead.  This will eventually hang in my studio!

adventure-coaster.jpg

Here’s a side view so you can see all the layers:

side-view-of-adventure-coaster.jpg

The base is a rectangle coaster that I sponged with Antique Linen.  Using the Tim Holtz Flourish Mask, I sponged over it with Vintage Photo and Walnut stain, sponging the edges with Vintage Photo.  Using various stamps from Studio 490, I over stamped the image to add interest.  The flower was made with Grunge Paper that was die cut with the Spellbinders Dahlia Nestabilities.  The front and back of each layer was inked with the same color and the top was stamped with script and music images.  To add some glitz to the flower, each layer was sprayed with coordinating pear shimmer mist.  Using a bone folder, the section of the flower was folded and scored so the flower would not lay flat.  The middle of the flower is a vintage clip-on earring that I found in the buttons that my Aunt gave me. I tore the clasp off and glued earring on with Ranger Glossy Accents.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by!  I’ve got a race to run . . .  Bristol!

© 2015 Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha
Cookie Policy

Blog hosted by Splitcoaststampers Privacy Policy Cookie Policy