Good morning! Today is the second E-Team challenge in the
For this hop, Daisy challenged The E-Team to color a flower with Copic Markers. I have a feeling you’re going to see many different types of flowers. When you stop and think about it, the flower could be stamped, make of paper or metal, or even one that comes unembellished (white).
First, all the hop details!
There will be two winners randomly chosen from the comments left of The E-Team’s blogs. These two winners will each receive a $25 Gift Voucher to eclectic Paperie. To add to the excitement, one winner will be picked from comments left of the eP Blog, and will receive an assortment of flower stamps and four (4) new Copic Color Sketch Markers! You may leave comments until Sunday, June 19th. The winners will be announced on the eP Blog on Monday, June 20th.
The E-Team members participating today are:
Sherry Cheever ME . . . You are Here!
Now, for my project!
I decided to use Delicate Blossoms from Hero Arts for my flower image, which was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. Remember, Copics are alcohol based so you need to stamp in a water based ink to keep the ink from smearing.
I don’t consider myself an expert at coloring; however, I always go to Broni and Linda for help . . . to me, they are experts at coloring! I’m more heavy handed and can’t get the light colors to work for me the way they do. I guess I’m telling you this so I make sure you go visit them and see that they do compared to me!
For those of you who like to see, here are the Copics that I used:
For the background of my image, I decided to airbrush instead of coloring it. Once I got the image colored and die cut out, I stamped the same image with archival ink on a strip of Eclipse Tape. Certain parts of the image were then cut out and layered onto the colored image.
Once the masks were in place, the background was airbrushed.
While removing the masks, I placed them on the outside of the stamp set so that I would have them for future use. That’s the great thing about Eclipse Tape . . . it remains tacky for repeated uses.
The seam binding was dyed with Copic Refill R46 Strong Red. Colorless Blender was applied to the seam binding and then placed in a ziploc bag. The Copic Refill was then added to the bag and worked around with the seam binding. The seam binding was then scrunched into a little ball and dried with a heat tool. Now the one thing I learned with the Copic Refill is that the seam binding is stiffer than if you use a water based ink.
I think that’s about all I have for you today except . . . go visit my fellow E-Team members’ blog, have a good time on the hop and thanks for stopping by today!