Good Monday morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend and you were able to stay warm wherever you are.
There’s a new toy in the studio . . . I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Silhouette Cameo! Oh my BADness . . . I have a feeling that there are going to be lots of vinyl projects coming up once I figure everything out! One of the main reasons I ended up taking a closer look at the Cameo, is because Suzanne at Quietfire Design has started to make calligraphy digital cutting files which are available in the Silhouette Online Store. You can see them all here at Suzanne Cannon’s Profile Page.
Using the Mini Pizza Box (as detailed in this post), I created a small treat box for Valentine’s Day. The box was made with a pink cardstock, which I found to be too bright for my liking. I ended up misting the box with White Linen Dylusions Spray and sponging the edges with Antique Linen, in order to tone down the bright pink. (Guess I’m not much of a pink girl.)
Using the new Spellbinders Belly Band 2, a band was die cut/embossed from the same pink. Majestic Labels One was used to die cut/emboss and piece of MME Lost & Found paper for the base of the tag on the top of the box.
Labels One was was used to die cut/emboss two additional pieces of designer paper and two pieces of chipboard (which were glued together).
One piece of the floral paper was glued to the chipboard panel, which was then glued to the bottom of the Majestic Labels One panel. (I did this because I wanted the panel to be sturdier and so that when you turned the belly band over, you didn’t see brown chipboard.)
The other floral panel was glued to the top of the Majestic Labels One panel. The heart was die cut from chipboard from Classic Hearts and then covered with coordinating paper that was die cut/embossed with Classic Hearts.
Using my new Silhouette Cameo, I cut out two panels of the xoxo cut file. Once from the same pink cardstock and a slightly smaller version cut from another piece of coordinating MME paper.
The belly band slides off all in one piece so that you can open the box. After trying to dye umpteen different colors of seam binding in some form of pink, I finally gave up and found this green in my ribbon jar. I don’t remember what colors of Distress Ink that it was dyed with, but I loved the way it pulled out the greens in the designer paper, so I used it.
That’s all for me right now. Thanks for stopping by and joining me today!