Happy weekend! I hope you’ve had a good one so far . . . me? I’ve had plenty of studio time today and look forward to more tomorrow!
This past week The e-Team started a new challenge . . .
which can be found on the eP Blog – - eTeam Picks Challenge – Altered Boxes. Margi Kemper hosted this first challenge and I was looking forward to posting on the day the challenge went live. Unfortunately I got a little and I wasn’t able to complete my project until today. There’s still plenty of time for you to participate. You have until January 31 to upload a link to your project (on the eTeam Picks Challenge – Altered Boxes post) to be entered into the prize drawing.
I decided to alter one of the old Graphic 45 5×5 Kraftboard Altered Art Boxes. Sadly I don’t think you can get these anymore . . . I happen to have a number of them in my stash still.
The box was painted with Light Buttermilk acrylic paint and then a bunch of Studio 490 images were stamped in Archival Sepia all over the front, back, sides and inside the box. The script was stamped in Archival Jet Black. (One of my favorite background stamps is an old one from SU called Ephemera and I wanted to try and recreate it with Wendy Vecchi’s Studio 490 images.
Because I will probably put pencils and yucky stuff in this, I painted the inside black so that it wouldn’t show scuff marks and what not.
The floral and fauna were all die cut from 140 lb. watercolor paper, colored with Distress Stains and misted with water containing Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls. (Dimensional Flower with Watercolor Paper Video Tutorial).
Spellbinders™ Blossoms Five was used for the flower which was painted with Rusty Hinge and Aged Mahogany Distress Stains. The leaves are from Foliage, Rose Creations and Venetian Motifs painted with Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss.
The center embellishment is one of the new bezels from the Spellbinders Media Mixage Line. The background is Gold Foil Engravers Board that was embossed with the new Harlequin M-Bossabilities and then sanded to reveal the gold underneath the black coating. The key is an old one that I found in some junk I was picking through the other day. The bezel was filled with ICE Resin once I had the arrangement on the inside.
Another photo of the box half closed (0r open).
Graphic 45 Metal Buttons were used as feet on the bottom of the box.
I love all the different heights and dimension on the front of the box.
Now I have a little secret to share . . . I actually started this project in black. I wasn’t happy with the way it was coming out using all embellishments I had previously decided on . . . so the black box was set aside. Since then, I’ve come up with another plan for it and will be finishing it up sometime soon!
That’s it for me today except to say thanks for stopping! I’ll be back on Monday which is my next schedule day to share on the eP Blog. See ya then!