Good morning! This was going to be the day that I would being the videos. What I’m thinking is actually babbling in a video. Then I will have my card and the necessary deets. That way for people who truly aren’t interested they can skip the video. This has been in the works for a month or so now but I have yet to get it done. I didn’t write about this project last night when I finished, well because . . . I wanted to do the video. Alas, I got out of bed this morning with a headache and today is probably not the day to start. I did promise a reader however, that I would do a video tutorial on the fragment tag I used on my Wacky Wednesday card. It will be coming real soon!
A number of months ago, I truly can’t remember how long . . . maybe 4 or 5, I was at Target shopping. I found in the Dollar Spot a package of 3 unfinished wood frames that some how jumped into my cart. I had an idea of what I wanted to do with them, but unfortunately time has not been on my side.
You know that project I was talking about yesterday? The one I had to let dry, blah blah blah? Well, it is one of these frames. It’s funny how I was working on a frame and then yesterday’s Splitcoast Ways to Use It Challenge was for frames. I just had to finish the frame last night.
The frame is fairly close to what I had imagined. This one is a practice piece, as I have an idea for my mother and her colors are definitely NOT green, orange and blue. This one will hang in my studio which does have blue and green accents. Now that I have general premise down, I can move on to the one for my mother.
The unfinished frame was painted with acrylic paint and once that was dry, a layer of Distress Crackle Paint was applied over the acrylic paint. After the Crackle Paint had dried, the edges and various places on the frame were sanded to appear worm and handled. The flower embellishment is made with Grunge Paper. The leaves were stamped, inked and then cut out. The layers for the flower were die cut with Spellbinders Daisy Heads Shapeabilities, inked and then over stamped with Rubbernecker’s Loose Weave Background. For the panel inside the frame, that “Inky Thing I Do” was done with Antique Linen, Spiced Marmalade and Broken China. Those colors were used because the flowers were inked with Spiced Marmalade and Broken China. The sentiment was stamped in Ranger Archival Coffee.
- Stamps: Rubbernecker Backgrounds – Loose Weave and Rubbernecker Garden Collection – With Out Words Text SKU:49-05 from Rubbernecker Stamps and Studio 490 by Wendy Vecchi from Stampers Anonymous
- Paper: Prism Simply Smooth White
- Ink: Ranger Archival Coffee and Peeled Paint, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade and Antique Linen Distress
- Accessories: Spellbinders Daisy Heads Shapeabilities; Ranger Willow Acrylic Paint Dabber, Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint, Mini Mister, Non-Stick Craft Sheet and Matte Accents; Venture Foam Tape, Tsukineko Sponge Dauber; Tim Holtz idea-ology Grunge Paper; Creative Imagination flower and brad; May Arts Ribbon; Unfinished Wood 4×4 Frame
If the photo looks funny, I took the picture with the frame upside down (didn’t want to mess up those grunge paper leaves and flower) and then rotated it in Paint Shop.
I hope each of you have a great day and thanks for stopping by!